Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Funniest Things Tweeted During Earthquakemagheddon 2011

The rattling of iron, the clinking of glasses and suddenly...THE SHAKING! A 5.9 earthquake hit the east coast today and in true doomed human fashion, we all ran to Twitter to see what the fuck was going on. Here's a run down of the funniest tweets from my heeesterical "friends"...

Scott Bateman : Oh sure, now that Brooklyn's had an earthquake, earthquakes are gonna be all trendy and shit now.

Joseph Scrimshaw : People in the Midwest just felt nothing. But that's not really news.

Judah Friedlander : Sorry for the earthquake NYC, I just did a couple of intense jumping jacks.

Stephanie Palermo : I guess I should add to the Earthquake hype. Only the guys in my office felt the earthquake, but all the ladies were oblivious. Not serious! (sexist earthquake)

Nate Cosby : That's why I left Manhattan. Cuz of the earthquakes. (and hobos)

@ : No earthquake in Kentucky, but it still kinda sucks here.

Scott Feinberg : It's funny how quickly people stop giving a shit about Libya..

@: Not to panic anyone in NYC, but a screaming John Cusack just drove by in a limo that was missing a door.

@ : a ground-level picture of the devastation in NYC (does this make me an iReporter?)

Sara Benincasa : The Earth is my new favorite vibrator.

@Danny Zuker : Oh, God. What did you do to her? RT @chrisbrown Please pray for Virginia.

Chuck Wendig : After the earthquake, I threw a chair through my front window and stole my TV. Mistakes were made.

And my contribution to the mess... http://twitter.com/nomadixxx

- Funny facts about the Earthquake of 2011: 80% of my friends said "fuck" when it happened and the other 20% asked if they were hallucinating.

- Funny facts about the Earthquake of 2011: First thoughts were "Must save TV from falling over" and "Call Mom." Then I flushed.

- Update: At 2:02, the 20% of my friends in disbelief now accept there was an earthquake and have gone back to smoking weed.

- Quote from random 16yr old girl with 3 kids "It was like um..shaking..and um..then, it had stopped. It was fuckin weird."

No comments :

Post a Comment